Dr. Shapiro — an expert in functional vision testing and vision therapy — is well-received in both the holistic and traditional medical circles. He has served as a staff member of the Chiefs of Ophthalmology of Manhattan Eye and Ear and Lenox Hill Hospitals and served as a staff member and clinical supervisor at the New York Light House Low Vision Service.
Dr. Shapiro provides:
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for All Ages, including Infants and Preschoolers
Come to Dr. Shapiro’s office for a truly thorough examination. Did you know that 20/20 eyesight is not perfect and that a sophisticated visual analysis can require 21 different tests or more! Find out more about Dr. Shapiro’s extraordinary exams.
- Contact Lens Fitting and Follow-up, including Bifocal, Disposable and Astigmatism Lenses
- Non-surgical correction of Mild to Moderate Nearsightedness and/or Astigmatism with Corneal Molding (Orthokeratology)
- Treatment of Post-Traumatic Vision Syndrome from Head Injury as well as the Neuro-Optometric Treatment of Patients with Stroke, Whiplash, Developmental Delays, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, etc.
- Treatment of Wide Range of Vision Disorders with Photoretinology (Phototherapy, Colored Light Therapy, White Light Flicker Therapy)
Dr. Shapiro is the only optometrist in Manhattan who practices Photoretinology — the branch of ocular science that uses varying light frequency therapy.
- Vision Therapy for All Ages
- Treatment for Learning-related Vision Problems, including ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Reading, and Tracking Problems, etc.
- Treatment for Strabismus (eye turns) and Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including Nearsightedness, Headaches or Computer Vision Syndrome
- Sports Vision Correction and/or Improvement
- Ortho-K Contact Lenses – the non-surgical method to improve vision while you sleep. What is Ortho-K?